- Develop your publishing project expertise by managing the entire process, through the acquisition, editorial, design, production and marketing phases involved in contemporary publishing. Gain advanced skills in project management and leadership in both freelance and in-house editing practice.
- Add to your already growing portfolio with the opportunity to gain research skills and produce a thesis or large-scale practice-based project. Undertake a digital internship to work on an exciting book project with a professional publisher, an established magazine or journal, or work with a literary festival. You will also work on USQ’s own speculative fiction magazine, Kepler452B.
- Graduates of the Editing and Publishing from the University of Southern Queensland will have enhanced career opportunities in the publishing industry with further possibilities in teaching, editing, publishing, public service, archives and libraries.
- Writing for Editors
- Editing in Practice
- Professional Practice in Editing and Publishing
- Book Design and Production Management
- Digital Publishing Internship
- Book Promotion, Marketing and Research
- Magazine Publishing Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesVisual Arts Creative Writing Journalism View 7 other Masters in Creative Writing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS: QLD 00244B, NSW 02225M
- Completion of an Australian university 3-year bachelor degree in a similar tertiary field, or equivalent.
International31360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31360 AUD per year during 18 months.
National25920 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25920 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.