At Sociology from Western University - Canada we are committed to active listening to those in and beyond our community whose lives have been impacted by systemic racism, critically reflecting on our own positions of privilege and reating and fostering a culture of inclusion and affirmation within our department, and contributing to University-wide efforts to do the same.
Upon completion, our graduates work in a variety of academic institutions, government agencies and private businesses around the world.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Social Inequality
- Multivariate Statistics
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Classical Sociological Theory
- Social Science in the Marxian Tradition
- Sociology of the Life Course
- Advanced Multivariate Statistics
- Contemporary Social Theory
- Criminological Theory and Research
- The Social Context of Racial Inequality
- Evidence Based Policy
- Social Inequalities in Health
- Professionals and their Work
- Immigration Policy Development & Evaluation Strategies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 99 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year degree, in Sociology or a related field.
- First or high second class standing (minimum B+ or 78 overall average in completed courses in years 3 and 4).
- While students who have taken sociological theory, statistics and/or methods are preferred, excellent students without this background may be considered.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- A sample of written work
- List of publications
International12656 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6328 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.