Their research has application to fixed-wing aircraft, rotary-wing aircraft and space vehicles, as well as to areas such as wind-energy, undersea-vehicles, and buildings. Several Aero graduate students are winners of prestigious national fellowships supported by agencies such as NSF, NASA and the DoD.
Graduate students in the Aeronautical Engineering program at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have the opportunity to engage with student chapters of professional societies such as the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and the American Helicopter Society, and participate in student design competitions sponsored by these societies as well as agencies such as NASA.
- Opportunities may be theoretical, computational, and/or experimental.
- The Center for Flow Physics and Control, the Center for Modeling, Simulation, and Imaging in Medicine, the Gaettner LINAC Center, the New York State Center for Automation Technologies and Systems, the Scientific Computation Research Center, and the Center for Computational Innovations offer additional research opportunities for the department’s undergraduate and graduate students and their faculty advisers.
- Mechanical engineers are engaged in a wide range of activities. At one end of the spectrum, they are concerned with fundamental engineering science, especially energetics and mechanics.
- At the other end, they are involved with the hardware of various technologies—the design and manufacture of mechanical components and systems.
- Aerospace engineering is concerned with disciplines and technologies that pertain not only to aircraft and spacecraft, but to other vehicular systems such as submarines and hydrofoils as well.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1734 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Graduate Application
- Nonrefundable application processing fee of $75
- Personal Statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio, if required by department
- IT Background Evaluation form
- Transcripts and Degrees
- GRE/GMAT Scores
International57100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57100 USD per year during 12 months.
National57100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57100 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Troy
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.