About the Chemistry program
We all live on the earth, and we observe many nature phenomena. Most of the phenomena are caused by chemical functions. For example, complicated biological activity is attributable to a huge number of chemical interactions and chemical reactions. Chemistry at Osaka University is a science dealing with the structure, synthesis, properties, and interactions of substances, particularly at the molecular level.
We are surrounded by artificial chemical products, e.g., food, clothing, housing, drugs, traffic and communication tools, and so on, and we are using them everyday. Recently, new materials such as those supporting computer memory storage and superconductivity have been playing an essential role in the recent progress of human culture and technology. The development of these new materials is based on chemistry. On the other hand, some chemicals tend to cause serious environmental problems, whose solution will depend on chemistry research and education in future.
- Laboratory for Analytical Chemistry
- Laboratory for Radiochemistry
- Laboratory for Inorganic Chemistry
- Laboratory for Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Laboratory for Reaction Dynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 12 other Masters in Chemistry in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prior to entering the graduate school, the majority of the international students spends from one half to one full year as a research student, and then takes an entrance examination for the graduate level degree program.
- The admission process varies from department to department. For further details, please contact the administrative office of the specific graduate school.
International4165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4165 USD per year during 24 months.
National4165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4165 USD per year during 24 months.
- 535,800 JPY/year
Living costs for Osaka-shi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.