Both full-time and part-time Biomedical Engineering programmes at Nanyang Technological University are offered (unless stated). Part-time candidates are expected to obtain permission from their employer before admission to the programme. All classes are conducted in the evenings, while examinations are conducted during office hours.
Our accredited Chemical Engineering (CBE) and Bioengineering (BIE) programs offers you a world class curriculum that is innovative and integrated, so that students can experience a holistic educational experience and able to thrive in the following ways:
- we offer a well-rounded chemical engineering or bioengineering training with exposure to a dynamic curriculum and industrial attachment, to give you the competitive edge to be a leaders in the future to solve real-world, multi-disciplinary issues;
- we empower you to succeed in today's modern chemical engineering or bioengineering industries with unique opportunities that will provide you with the entrepreneurship skills in the interface between engineering and the business world to make commercial decisions that will fast track your career;
- we nurture your creativity in a stimulating and research focussed environment with the use of our specialised engineering design studio so that you can realise your potential to be an independent and innovative designer.
Career OpportunitiesAmazing Career Opportunities of SCBE ProgramsChemical and Biomolecular Engineering (CBE) graduates can find challenging opportunities in traditional as well as emerging engineering fields such as petrochemicals, bio-pharmaceuticals, specialty chemicals, electronics, process design, energy and utilities, food/flavours/ fragrances, consumer products, nanotechnology, and finance and trading jobs in related industries. Top hirers include Shell, Exxon Mobil, Singapore Refining Company, Roche, Pfizer, Merck, DuPont, BASF, ABB, Coca-Cola, Siemens, General Electric, Keppel, 3M, Procter & Gamble, DBS, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and many others. More than 90%* of our CBE graduates find job in these companies, who commands high starting monthly salaries of more than S$3270*, while others pursue PhD studies in renowned institution like Harvard-MIT, Cornell University, Yale, University of Cambridge and Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include::
- Biomedical System Design
- Physiological Systems
- Advanced Mathematics for Bioengineering
- Nanotechnology catalysis and reaction engineering
- Process systems engineering
- Industrial chemistry
- Chiral and pharmaceutical sciences
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The general entry qualifications for admission to the PhD and MEng programmes are:
- A good bachelor’s degree in areas related to chemical and biomedical engineering and
- Good GRE/GATE (for Indian applicants) and TOEFL scores. In countries where GRE/GATE and TOEFL are unavailable, representatives from the School may travel to these countries to conduct Technical Proficiency Tests / English Proficiency Tests and interviews with potential candidates.
International14149 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14149 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9261 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9261 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
12600 S$ National
19250 S$ International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.