From its founding, Global Business Journalism at Tsinghua University has featured a Chinese co-director with stellar academic credentials and an international co-director with extensive journalism experience. About 20 international students and 20 Chinese students are enrolled in the program each year. From the beginning, this selective program has remained small so its students can get personal attention from the faculty and staff.
Global Business Journalism has trained nearly 500 graduate students and produced 361 master’s degree recipients. These highly trained specialists have brought a new level of professionalism, business expertise and writing skill to understanding of economic and financial issues in China, the world’s second-largest economy.
The Global Business Journalism program at the Tsinghua University, students learn business reporting on the renowned Bloomberg terminals. The Bloomberg Lab at the Tsinghua School of Journalism and Communication is the largest university laboratory of donated Bloomberg terminals in the world.
The terminals give the students access to unparalleled information on companies, markets, economic indicators and much more. Bloomberg’s data and expertise are crucial to GBJ’s success. About 1,200 Tsinghua students have attended events in GBJ’s six-year-old Bloomberg Lecture Series featuring top Bloomberg News editors and reporters from across the world.
- Mass Communications and Society in Contemporary China
- Media Research Methods
- Intercultural Communication
- Workshop for Academic Training and Ethics
- Business News Writing and Editing
- Economics and Accounting Basics for Journalists
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 19 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
- Master's degree program applicants should have a bachelor's degree, or a degree equivalent to a bachelor's degree that can be certified by the Chinese Education Ministry.
- Applicants should be in good health and of good character, be well-behaved and be willing to abide by China's laws and regulations, as well as Tsinghua's rules.
- Language competence requirements: Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application.
International5613 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11226 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
RMB 78,000/Full Program
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.