- The Asian environmental technology market is a multi-billion dollar industry that is projected to grow considerably in the coming years. Environmental technology is an area of vital and strategic importance to many countries and can improve the management and quality of precious land, air and water resources. With a well-managed environment, countries will be better positioned to attract valuable investments and fuel economic growth.
- This Environmental Engineering programme is designed to equip graduate environmental engineers and other related professionals with advanced skills and expertise in a wide variety of environmental disciplines. The programme offers a comprehensive range of subjects on advanced water and wastewater treatment, air and land pollution as well as broader aspects of environmental management and planning.
- In addition, classroom teaching will build an in-depth understanding of fundamental physical, chemical and biological processes. There will also be opportunities to attend classes conducted by international experts on special topics such as membrane-based water purification and advanced sludge management.
- To be awarded the degree of Master of Science (Environmental Engineering), a candidate must complete satisfactorily 30 AUs. 18 AUs of the courses must be in Environmental Engineering. The remaining courses can be selected from a list of graduate courses approved by the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- The programme at Nanyang Technological University may be taken full-time or part-time. For full-time students, the minimum and maximum periods of candidature are one year and three years respectively. For part-time students, the minimum and maximum periods of candidature are two years and four years respectively.
- Water Treatment & Process Design
- Contaminated Site Assessment & Remediation
- Wastewater Treatment & Process Design
- Hazardous Waste Treatment & Recovery
- Water Quality Modelling
- Integrated Solid Waste Management
- Air Quality Management
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Stream Corridors and Channel Processes
- Contaminant Transport
- Urban Hydrology
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 5 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Singapore
- The applicant must have at least Second Class Honours, Lower Division or Honours (Merit) Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent or related discipline and must be a graduate of this University or such graduate of another university as the Academic Board may approve.
- The above guidelines indicate the eligibility to apply the MSc programme. Admission to the programme is on a competitive basis.
International14149 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14149 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9261 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9261 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
12600 S$ National19250 S$ International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.