The Business Analytics and Big Data Systems programme at HSE University provides a unique set of interdisciplinary competencies, including mathematics and technical knowledge and skills in the exploration, assessment, analysis and use of big data tools and techniques.
These competencies help in understanding the architecture of businesses and the connection between business and IT, thereby enabling enterprises to be managed more effectively by using new big data technologies. The programme also aims to build management skills in big data systems implementation and big data services, as well as research skills in big data analytics, predictive modelling, forecasting, data mining, business analysis, and mathematical modelling in economics.
Graduates of the programme are cross-functional professionals who are able to effectively use next-generation digital technologies to effectively mine a variety of data and to use them to develop new products and services. Graduates also understand the technical aspects of big data systems; know how to use technical tools as well as methods to collect, process and analyse data; and have the leadership and team management skills required to manage changes in organizations.
Graduates of our programme are able to become organizers and leaders of companies’ digital transformations and become advocates of data-driven culture and management strategies. As such, they enjoy strong demand in Russian and international organizations that practice big data storage and use. They are also well positioned for opportunities in organizations that have an interest in effective digital transformation of their business processes on the basis of big data technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse included:
- Economic and Mathematic Modelling
- Enterprise Architecture Perfection
- Methods and Tools for the Intellectual Analysis of Big Data
- Strategic Innovation Management
- System Analysis and Organization Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems Data Science & Big Data View 16 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s (Specialist’s or Master’s) diploma and official transcripts of previous educational studies.
- A good background in discrete mathematics, linear algebra, mathematical analysis, probability calculus, economics, software engineering, databases is needed. The Admission Committee takes into consideration the number of hours and final assessments. The candidates who have the honours degree will get additional support of their application packet.
- Documents confirming the individual achievements of the applicant in IT, economics, and management fields: documents on additional education, diplomas, certificates of individual achievements, professional certificates, applicant's publications, individual scholarships.
- Letter of Motivation (in English).
- Essay on topic "Opportunities, technologies and practice of applying big data analytics in business".
- Oral interview (in English).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2286 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2286 EUR per year during 24 months.
200 000 – 400 000 RUB/year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.