The Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at the Stellenbosch University underwent major expansion during 2009 through two initiatives: a university Overarching Strategic Plan (OSP) focused on GIT and the incorporation of new and externally funded Centre for Urban and Regional Innovation and Statistical Exploration (CRUISE). These developments were augmented in 2011 with the incorporation of the Disaster Mitigation for Sustainable Livelihoods Programme (DiMP), the forerunner for RADAR (Research Alliance for Disaster and Risk Reduction). Geography and Environmental Studies continues its tradition of academic excellence in its newly expanded format.
- Thesis (Geography and Environmental Studies A)
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 19 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BAHons degree with Geography and Environmental Studies or appropriate qualification. An average mark of 60%
- Proof of permanent residence or refugee status (if you are not a South African citizen)
- Student support form (students with disabilities)
- Additional programme specific documents (If applicable)
- Application fee (R100) – 8 USD
- Unless your documents are in English or Dutch, you should supply a certified translation with certified copies of your qualifications
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.