The 1-year Financial Engineering programme at Nanyang Technological University is rigorous and intense, and is designed for those with a strong drive and focus to penetrate the top tiers of the finance industry. The curriculum emphasises teamwork and communication in real life corporate settings, seamlessly integrating current financial theory and computational methods with practical knowledge.
You will get opportunities to learn from experts from a diversity of disciplines, spanning finance, computing and mathematics. Close interaction with both faculty and industry professionals will enable you to amalgamate real-life experience with academic research to enrich your understanding of today’s financial world.Highlights of the MFE programme:
- 7 weeks at Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Expertise from 2 NTU schools - Nanyang Business School (NBS) and School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS)
- World class faculty
- Insights from industry professionals
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Strong alumni network
The programme will equip you with concepts and techniques in Finance, Computer Science and Mathematics. You will learn how to apply sophisticated engineering tools to financial problems, utilising complex analytical and quantitative methods, enabling you to tackle challenging problems in high-technology finance.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Calculus & Linear Algebra
- Stochastic Modeling in Asset Pricing
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Probability & Statistics
- Linear Financial Models
- Financial Time Series Analysis
- Numerical Methods for Financial Instrument Pricing(E)
- Simulation Methods for Option Pricing (CMU)
- Advanced Statistical Modeling (E)
- Optimization in Finance (E)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFinance Actuarial Science View 14 other Masters in Finance in Singapore
- A good undergraduate degree in applied mathematics, applied science, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, or other quantitative fields. We will also consider applicants from other disciplines.
- A good GMAT or GRE score.
- A minimum of two years relevant working experience after obtaining the first degree is preferred, but not required.
- TOEFL is required if the medium of instruction during your undergraduate studies was not in English. IELTS is accepted in place of TOEFL.
International14149 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14149 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9261 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9261 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
12600 S$ National19250 S$ International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.