The M.Ed. in Special Education from Texas Christian University, is a program designed for students who are certified in elementary, middle school, secondary school special education or who have extensive experience in a related field.
The mission of the Special Education master's degree program from Texas Christian University, is to prepare educators who understand and implement researched-based practices, serve as instructional leaders, and advocate for students with disabilities and their families.
The traditional program addresses K-12 special education, focusing on evidenced-based instructional practices and research methodology related to students with high-incidence disabilities such as learning or behavioral disabilities.
In the second M.Ed. option, Special Education M.Ed. with Educational Diagnostician Certification, students learn evidence-based instructional practices and research methodologies, as well as become certified Educational Diagnosticians through the state of Texas. Students may choose either option in pursuit of a Special Education M.Ed.
Upon acceptance into the graduate program in special education, students must meet with a special education adviser. It is essential that students work closely with an adviser at the time of program admittance through completion.
The M.Ed. in special education does not lead to initial teacher certification.
- Literacy Methods in Special Education
- Technology for Diverse Learners
- Motivating and Managing Students in the Classroom
- Understanding Exceptional Children and Youth At-Risk
- Critical Issues in Special Education
- Planning and Instruction in Academically Diverse Classrooms
- Educational Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 4369 other Masters in Education in United States
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Academic/Professional Objectives Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Teaching Certificate and Service Record required for applicants seeking educational diagnostician, school counselor, principal, or superintendent certification
- Official TOEFL scores for non-native English speakers
- On-line Criminal Background Check
International32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 24 months.
National32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Worth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.