Amsterdam is the perfect setting for this Entrepreneurship programme offered by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam as it hosts a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem.
This perfect setting is enforced by the joint character of the MSc, as it is jointly offered by two renowned universities: the University of Amsterdam and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. We are convinced that you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that prepare you for a bright and entrepreneurial future, anywhere in the world.
The Entrepreneurship MSc programme is a joint master’s programme offered by Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and the University of Amsterdam (UvA). Both our universities enjoy a reputation for teaching and research excellence and have invested in a growing group of researchers dedicated to entrepreneurship.
United in the Amsterdam Center for Entrepreneurship, we work closely with the private sector, NGOs, and the Municipality of Amsterdam, ensuring that our work focuses on the most pressing issues of business and society.
The intensive cooperation between these two leading institutions enables you to benefit from the best of both worlds. Upon graduation you will be awarded a joint VU-UvA Master’s degree. This degree is recognized internationally.
- The MSc Entrepreneurship provides academic and entrepreneurial skills as well as knowledge of and insight into entrepreneurship issues. Accordingly, graduates are equipped to analyze entrepreneurship issues from a range of perspectives (social, societal, economic, ethical), are able to be critical about theoretical and practical solutions chosen, and can develop their own alternatives with solid foundations.
- Graduates from this Master’s are able to assess and bring to life innovative, viable, high-quality ideas in a number of contexts (a new firm, an existing organisation, profit-oriented/social/mix, diversity of industries). The programme gives you an academic work and thought level, as well as the high level of knowledge and skills needed to accomplish such efforts.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- New Venture Creation & Development
- Social Dynamics in Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Challenge
- Entrepreneurship in Science & Technology
- Entrepreneurship in the Services Industry
- Cultural Entrepreneurship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Entrepreneurship View 7 other Masters in Project Management in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create an enrollment application in Studielink
- Complete your application in Vuweb
- Pay the application fee (€100)
- Copy of your valid passport or ID
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1 or 2 Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Intent (Letter of Motivation)
- Diploma(s): A copy of the original Bachelor's degree or certificate.
- Transcript of records
- Thesis (or alternative piece of academic writing)
- A description of the relevant courses followed and literature used during your previous higher education
International16006 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16006 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.