The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering forms part of the Faculty of Engineering at Stellenbosch University . Our department is situated in the picturesque town of Stellenbosch in South Africa amongst the Cape Winelands. We pride ourselves in offering quality education for undergraduate students in the fields of Informatics, Energy, Robotics, Telecommunication and Data Engineering. We offer world-class postgraduate supervision for projects in a variety of fields including Electrical Energy Systems, Electronics and Electromagnetics, Computers and Control Systems, Signal Processing and Machine Learning. Please contact us for more information, or for arranging a visit. Join the Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme at Stellenbosch University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering offers postgraduate training to local and international students in the following disciplines:
- Control Systems
- Satellite Systems
- Biomedical Electronics
- Electrical Energy
- Smart Grid Technology
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Microwaves and Antennas
- Computer Systems
- Signal Processing
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Student finds a prospective supervisor who is willing to supervise them (see above).
- The student and supervisor complete and sign the departmental application form (available to the supervisor here).
- All students apply on SUNStudent.
- The departmental application form should be uploaded under the field “Dept-MEng(Electronic Engineering) Research (Full time)” when asked to “Upload Documents”. This same form can also serve as the “Confirmation of Prospective Supervisor”.
- The supervisor submits the following to the Postgraduate Administrator (Mr Larry Morkel):
- SUNStudent application number
- Student’s surname and initials
- Only after these details are received from a supervisor, does the Postgraduate Administrator send the required documents to the E&E Management Committee for consideration.
- If accepted, the Management Committee notifies the prospective supervisor, who then notifies the student.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1892 USD per year
National1750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 USD per year
- SADC - minimum compulsatory initial fee: R30,000; Tuition fee: R0
- Africa - minimum compulsatory initial fee R30,000; Tuition fee: R0
- Rest of the World - minimum compulsatory initial fee: R30,000; Tuition fee R32,425
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.