The Industrial Engineering programme at Stellenbosch University is a research based programme, generally requiring full-time study and research over a period of typically 18-24 months (minimum residence period is 1 year). A research thesis is produced together with the successful completion of a series of four or five supplementary modules, depending on the students' undergraduate background and the study domain that they plan to pursue.
The objective of the compulsory modules is to secure a common foundation, to calibrate different backgrounds amongst students, and to facilitate the research project in general:
- 1. Advanced operations analysis and synthesis, delivered through Analytics and Synthesis, for both study domains irrespective of undergraduate background;
- 2. The ability to perform independent research taught through Research Methodology for both the M.Eng study domains irrespective of undergraduate background;
- 3. Commercial and/or financial reasoning capability delivered through Project Finances for Engineers for both M.Eng study domains if a student has a background in BEng other than Industrial Engineering;
- 4. Strategic technology and operations management and awareness of externalities delivered through Advanced Topics in Engineering Management for the Engineering Management M.Eng course; and
- 5. Professional Communication for everyone, which also includes to make students aware of the risks associated with plagiarism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytics and Synthesis
- Project Economics and Finance
- Research Methodology
- Advanced Topics in Engineering Management
- Professional Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 10 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold at least a BEng, a BScHons, another relevant four-year bachelor’s degree, an MTech, or a PGDip (Eng); or
- Hold other academic degree qualifications and appropriate experience that have been approved by the Faculty Board. The department’s chairperson must make a recommendation regarding such a qualification and experience to the Faculty Board.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1892 USD per year during 24 months.
National1750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 USD per year during 24 months.
- SADC - minimum compulsatory initial fee: R30,000; Tuition fee: R0
- Africa - minimum compulsatory initial fee R30,000; Tuition fee: R0
- Rest of the World - minimum compulsatory initial fee: R30,000; Tuition fee R32,425
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.