As an AquaCulture, Environment and Society (ACES) graduate, our alumni will contribute to developing a global aquaculture industry that produces sustainable seafood for a growing human population.
The programme at The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) is funded by the European Union's elite Erasmus Mundus programme and offers fully funded studentships to up to two students per country.
Students will build a lasting, international network and lay the foundation for outstanding employment opportunities.
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society (EMJMD ACES) will give you a unique opportunity to study in three centres of European excellence in aquaculture research and learning; Scotland, Crete and France. It will also allow you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-led research programmes, internships and fieldwork.
We are committed to promoting the development of a sustainable aquaculture industry and to achieve our goal we carry out cutting-edge research across all areas of aquaculture science including;
- Fish, crustacean and bivalve nutrition and health
- Disease mitigation and resistance
- Genetic improvement
- Aquaculture systems and technology
- Aquaculture governance and management
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Overview of Global Aquaculture
- Aquaculture Environmental Interactions
- Innovation, Technology and Systems
- Governance, Management and Knowledge Exchange
- Sustainability of Feed Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries Environmental Sciences View 9 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in United Kingdom
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society (EMJMD ACES) is open to students who meet the following minimum conditions:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent; second class or higher at Honours level) in one of the fields of environmental or social sciences. An appropriate background could include; Aquaculture-related studies, Marine Science, Aquatic Biology, Biology, Environmental Sciences or Marine Resources, Environmental Economics and Environmental Policy.
- English competence equivalent to 6.5 Academic IELTS (with a minimum of 6.0 in all four components).
- We particularly welcome applications from mature students and/or those with practical working experience in the aquaculture industry.
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
We aim to recruit talented, well-qualified and driven students irrespective of their financial background. To this end, we encourage students and potential students to apply for a range of funding provided by UK and international government bodies, the European Commission, trusts, research councils, industry and employers. Below are details of potential funders for students of our EMJMD ACES course by region:
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.