We expect our students to have a general interest in geology and have some knowledge of different subfields within geology that are attractive as potential research areas.
Most students from Texas Christian University, complete projects that are local with easily accessible field areas in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Mississippi. In the past, students have also worked in Scotland, southern Africa, Peru, the Baja Peninsula and the Sierra Nevada in California.
A number of students from the Geology program are completing studies without a field component where they are conducting subsurface studies (structural and stratigraphic).
In addition, we have students working on projects in meteoritics, sequence stratigraphy, fluvial geomorphology, physical volcanology, paleontology, and carbonate petrology.
- Approved Electives
- Earth Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Astronomy & Space Sciences Geology View 278 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Complete online application
- Three letters of recommendation (the online application will prompt you for information regarding your references.)
- Transcripts of all colleges attended (upload unofficial copies via the online application. If you are admitted to the program a single copy of all official transcripts will be required. Students must submit English translations of transcripts.)
- Personal Statement of Purpose (upload via the online application. Essay – 1,000 words or less, that describes your motivation and goals for graduate study, career ambitions, and the specific ways TCU may fit those.)
- Application fee of $60 (payment via online application.)
International32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 24 months.
National32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Worth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.