We take an innovative approach to the advanced study of sports management, from the sub-disciplines of HRM, marketing, finance and strategy, to their application via global sports organisations and events. You will learn adaptability, creative capacity and a solutions-focused approach.
We will connect you directly to networks of international, national and regional sport. The international reputation of this course means you are provided with privileged access to key decision-makers in the sports world. We offer unique opportunities, such as an international field visit which, in previous years, has been to Lausanne, Switzerland – home of the International Olympic Committee and many of the world’s international sport federations.
- Sport attracts the very best managers, and throughout this course you will acquire and apply the knowledge and skills required by the international sport industry and the wider management professions.
- Employability is embedded into this course through industry engagement opportunities, presentations by guest speakers, visits to sports venues and events and by participating in the international field visit.
- Our strategy of embedding employability and enterprise throughout this course is highly successful with graduates achieving high levels of employment in graduate-level jobs globally.
- You will have volunteer and employment opportunities within University sport to help you to develop your skills, experience and network, and will be encouraged and supported to find this work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sports Development in Contemporary Society
- Applied Sport Research Project
- Integrated Sport Marketing Communication
- International Resource Management for Sport
- International Sport Event Management
- Strategic Management for Sport
- The Research Process
- The Sport Marketing Process
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management View 1722 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree, ideally in a sport-related subject, or an academic qualification in a non-sport discipline with a demonstrable interest in sport.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 6 in each component (or approved equivalent*).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Full UK Fee: £9,400
- Full EU Fee: £17,000
- Full International Fee: £17,000
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.