About the Materials and Manufacturing Science program
The Division of Materials and Manufacturing Science at Osaka University fosters engineers and scientists who have a clear perception of the engineering flow from the development of materials to the manufacture of products.These systems open new frontiers for emerging industries.
In today's world it is necessary for society to realize a sustainable recycling environment, that will provide members safety and happiness with the harmony of an affluent yet environmental-friendly life.Given the above social requirement, it is incumbent on us to develop advanced materials and manufacturing processes for high-end products that support modern key industries for transportation equipment, for example, cars, trains, vessels, and airplanes, infrastructural constructions such as buildings, bridges and, plants, and electronic products such as computers, mobile information terminals and internet equipment.
The division has two courses:
- Materials Science and Engineering; wide areas of materials science and engineering are studied. Physical and chemical properties of materials, development of new structural/smart materials and materials processing are mainly focused on.
- Manufacturing Science; material manufacturing processes, advanced design and integration of production systems are mainly focused on.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 32 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Osaka University and/or in Japan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Prior to entering the graduate school, the majority of the international students spends from one half to one full year as a research student, and then takes an entrance examination for the graduate level degree program.
- The admission process varies from department to department. For further details, please contact the administrative office of the specific graduate school.
International4165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4165 USD per year during 24 months.
National4165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4165 USD per year during 24 months.
- 535,800 JPY/year
Living costs for Osaka-shi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.