We offer a master degree in Water Resources Engineering at the SUNY - College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
Emphasis is placed on applying engineering techniques to reduce impacts on human and natural systems. Students pursue solutions to water resources problems, in recognition of environmental, economic, legal, social and managerial constraints.
- The department has computing facilities, field sites, and a fluids laboratory with a tilting sediment recirculating flume and river geomorphology table to support research activities.
- The program takes advantage of departmental expertise in GIS and remote sensing to address problems at a variety of scales. Analytic techniques typically blend a combination of statistics, numerical analyses, and computer science.
- Program prerequisite or co-requisite courses include at least one semester of study in fluid mechanics, computing methods, and engineering hydrology.
- Program mastery courses beyond the departmental requirement include at least one course (3+ credit hours) in each of these areas of competence: 1) Physical Hydrology; 2) Computational Modeling; and 3) Water Quality.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management General Engineering & Technology View 1695 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts of an earned bachelor's degree from a recognized institution with an academic record showing at least a "B" average for junior and senior years of the baccalaureate program or for the master's program
- The graduate application
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and for some degree programs, advanced test scores (institution code for official score reports: 2530)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic or professional skills. This should NOT include personal friends and family
- A resume or CV
- A statement of educational and professional goals
- A nonrefundable $60(US) application fee
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.