In response to market demand, specialized programs that are designed for study by working professionals were established in 2005, and given the advantage of campus location, the programs have been able to attract a large number of middle-level staff and managers who work at the Science Park nearby.
The economy has been reshaped by the wayinformation technology has grown and developed over time. Successfulbusinesses strongly believe that the information technology represents the trend of customers and market that leads to value creation and innovation, and that acquiring multi-industry-background skilled workforcewhopossesses digital economy knowledge and information service creation ability is key to operating businesses in the information technology industry in the future. Meanwhile, under the devotedlypromotion of macro policy for liberalization and internationalization by the government, one of the most noticeable effects seen is the rapiddevelopment paceof the finance industry that continues to grow and innovate in Taiwan in recent years.As we are stepping into the era of internet, the new information technology and mathematical models have been intensively applied on financial management becomingasthe international trend.
Accordingly,the College of Management of National Chiao Tung University has established an Information Management and Financial degree (Information Finance degree, hereafter) in 2004 with the purposes of equipping financial professionals with information technology skills and information management personnel with basic finance knowledge.
By integrating the lecturer expertise and research contributions from both departments, a series of curriculum can then be provided under the degree.
More informationVisit official programme website
- For achievement of maximum education and research benefits and by considering the significant implicationthat has on future direction in the area of research,NCTU and the governing authority took a structural reform in 2011 tointegratethe Information Finance degree, Information Management Department and Finance Department.
- The three after formal integration in 2013 have been renamed as “Information Management and Finance degree” (Information Finance degree in abbreviation, hereafter), which further emphasize the independence characteristics of the two fields as well as the uniqueness of this degree that combines different fields.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Study plan
- Official degree certificate
- Full official transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of nationality
- Confidential financial statement
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of Chinese proficiency
International1744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 872 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.