At the SUNY - College of Environmental Science and Forestry we offer a bachelor degree in Biochemistry. After completing a one-year sequence in general biochemistry, students select advanced courses from a range of offerings in chemistry, organismal biology and molecular biology. Advanced courses in biochemistry are available both at ESF and Syracuse University.
A wide variety of research topics are available ranging from plant physiology to biotechnology.
Selective research topics include:
- microbial and algal production of biologically active natural products and their importance in cell biology
- chemical communication and recognition between organisms
- marine algal toxins
- Metabolomics of coral reef symbiotes (TEECE) the structure/function of natural biopolymers
- metabolic and protein engineering
- and global gene expression studies of biopolymer-producing bacteria
- Biochemistry Laboratory
- Plant Biochemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 717 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts of an earned bachelor's degree from a recognized institution with an academic record showing at least a "B" average for junior and senior years of the baccalaureate program or for the master's program
- The graduate application
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and for some degree programs, advanced test scores (institution code for official score reports: 2530)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic or professional skills. This should NOT include personal friends and family
- A resume or CV
- A statement of educational and professional goals
- A nonrefundable $60(US) application fee
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.