The Conservation Biology program at the SUNY - College of Environmental Science and Forestry seeks ways to integrate biological principles with social, economic and political perspectives to achieve conservation goals.
- The field is a response of the scientific community to the biodiversity crisis. Conservation biologists view nature’s diversity as important and having inherent value.
- Training in this field includes experience with the fundamental disciplines and theory of conservation biology, as well as specialization in conservation issues.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Problem-solving in Conservation Biology
- Non-Personal Environmental Interpretive Methods
- Research Methods: Understanding the Adirondack Ecosystem
- Marine Ecology
- Limnology: Study of Inland Waters
- Forest Health Monitoring
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 92 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts of an earned bachelor's degree from a recognized institution with an academic record showing at least a "B" average for junior and senior years of the baccalaureate program or for the master's program
- The graduate application
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and for some degree programs, advanced test scores (institution code for official score reports: 2530)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic or professional skills. This should NOT include personal friends and family
- A resume or CV
- A statement of educational and professional goals
- A nonrefundable $60(US) application fee
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.