The goal of the M.A. Food Studies 15-month, U.S. accredited master’s degree program at The American University of Rome in Food Studies is to provide students with specialized knowledge and practical skills relating to the food system at all levels – from the local to the global – through a cross-disciplinary and international lens.
The program hones students’ critical thinking and independent research capabilities while cultivating the expertise and transferable skills necessary for the graduate student to pursue a profession in the field or continue to further study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food, Environment and Society
- The Global Food Economy
- Research Methods for Social Sciences
- Social and Cultural Dimensions of Food and Eating
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Sciences Food Sciences View 14 other Masters in Chemistry in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcripts and/or university transcripts for all institution attended to date. A certified English translation is required for non-English transcripts.
- An academic recommendation letter. *please see below
- Course descriptions for all courses where credits are being transferred.
- A copy of your valid passport.
- Applicants whose native language is not English will need to supply an official TOEFL, IELTS or DUOLINGO English language proficiency results (Unless transcripts show that you have been attending an English-speaking school/university for three years or more)
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT results.
International21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.