It provides graduate biostatistics training for students who intend to plan, direct and execute health research and/or analyze health data. Three concentration options address a variety of student goals: Population Health Analytics, Statistical Bioinformatics and Statistical Methods and Practice. Students matriculate in June and graduate in June of the following year. Coursework can also be completed in two years for half-time students.
The Master of Science in Biostatistics is offered through the Program in Public Health at Northwestern University and is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). In order to prepare students to pursue research in a broad range of topics, the degree requirements for the MS in Biostatistics were developed to teach students biostatistical reasoning and study design methods needed to carry out sound scientific research. Upon completion of the required coursework, all students earning the MS in Biostatistics degree should be able to do the following.
- Data Management and Analysis in SAS
- Survival Analysis
- Statistical Consulting
- Ethical Issues in Clinical Research
- Design, Conduct, and Analysis of Clinical Trials
- Health and Biomedical Informatics
- Writing and Peer Review for Publication
- Statistical Genetics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Bioinformatics View 330 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Campus interviews are required for all applicants.
- Selection criteria include prior academic training and professional experience, the extent to which the applicant’s research interests relate to the strengths of the fellowship, the applicant's strength of commitment to a health services research career and the applicant’s potential to contribute significantly to the field of health services research.
- All applicants must have completed a doctoral degree prior to the awarding of the fellowship.
- A baccalaureate or professional degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Taken differential and integral calculus (prerequisite courses) before starting the program. Students interested in Statistical Methods and Practice concentrations may also benefit from linear matrix algebra.
International38686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19343 USD per semester during 12 months.
National38686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19343 USD per semester during 12 months.
- per quarter
Living costs for Evanston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.