The MFE was launched in 1999 by the Centre for Financial Engineering at NUS, the predecessor to RMI. It aims to equip finance and banking industry professionals and fresh graduates with current knowledge and skills in financial innovations and technology. The domain knowledge includes financial product development, modelling of prices, hedging, investment technology, risk analyses and computational methods.
There are many MFE programs available and the RMI MFE distinguishes itself by striving to shape its students into ‘doers’ – people with the theoretical background necessary to approach complex financial problems and the practical know-how to solve these problems.
RMI is a world leader in advancing innovative solutions to risk management challenges. We offer an environment where new ideas are created and innovative solutions are put to real practice. Our flagship non-profit Credit Research Initiative, launched in July 2009, views credit ratings as a “public good” and approaches the rating methodology development in the spirit of Wikipedia. Today, RMI produces daily updated default forecasts for over 35,000 listed firms in over 100 economies around the world (http://rmicri.org). As an MFE student of RMI, you will have a unique opportunity to hone research skills and contribute towards building a critical part of the world financial infrastructure.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Derivatives and Fixed Income
- Risk Analyses and Management
- Financial Engineering Project
- Stochastic Calculus and Quantitative Methods
- Programming and Advanced Numerical Methods
- Financial Econometrics
- Equity Products and Exotics
- Corporate Financing and Risk
- Portfolio Theory and Investments
- Term Structure and Interest Rate Derivatives
- Research Methods in Finance
- Seminar in Financial Engineering
- Seminar in Financial Product Innovations
- Financial Technology Innovations Seminar
- Seminar in Risk Management and Alternative Investment
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Application for August intake open from 1 October current year to 15 March following year.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Environmental Engineering Finance View 5 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Singapore
- Good 4-year undergraduate degree or an honours degree.
- Good GMAT or GRE score.
- Good TOEFL or IELTS score if English was not the medium of instruction in undergraduate studies.
- Relevant work experience will be an advantage
International25329 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37994 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National25329 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37994 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
All MFE applicants who have accepted the admissions offer will be automatically considered for the RMI Scholarships. Each scholarship will be granted either a full or a partial tuition waiver of $8,000 for the Program. A paid MFE internship will also be available to full scholarship holders.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.