The Financial Engineering at National University of Singapore aims to equip finance and banking industry professionals and fresh graduates with current knowledge and skills in financial innovations and technology. The domain knowledge includes financial product development, modelling of prices, hedging, investment technology, risk analyses and computational methods.
Career opportunities for financial engineers are available worldwide in commercial and investment banks, brokerage and securities firms, treasury and financial planning departments of non-financial corporations, insurance companies, consulting, investment advisories, accounting firms, government financial agencies, hedge funds, pension funds, and financial software and technology businesses.
The combination of skills - understanding of complex financial strategies, financial modelling ability, and computational proficiency - is in high demand, and is difficult for employers to find in graduates of traditional MBA or quantitative degrees such as engineering, physics or mathematics.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Equity Products and Exotics
- Corporate Financing and Risk
- Portfolio Theory and Investments
- Term Structure and Interest Rate Derivatives
- Research Methods in Finance
- Seminar in Financial Engineering
- Seminar in Financial Product Innovations
- Financial Technology Innovations Seminar
- Seminar in Risk Management and Alternative Investment
- Credit Risk
- Credit Analytics Practicum
- Trading Principles & Fundamentals
- Advanced Derivatives Pricing
- Introduction to Electronic Financial Market
- Current Topics in Applied Risk Management
- Machine Learning and FinTecn
- C++ in Financial Engineering
- Commodities: Fundamentals and Modelling
- 18 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application for August intake open from 1 October current year to 15 March following year.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Environmental Engineering Finance View 14 other Masters in Finance in Singapore
- Good 4-year undergraduate degree or an honours degree.
- Good TOEFL or IELTS score if English was not the medium of instruction in undergraduate studies.
- GMAT or GREscore (optional).
- Relevant work experience will be an advantage.
- Foreign applicants are required to have an employment pass or dependent pass
- Application Fee - S$50.00
- Transcript of undergraduate degree
- Degree scroll (if applicable)
- CAP/GPA ranking certificate (if applicable)
- At least one referee report (you can provide the referee’s email address and a link will be automatically generated and sent by the application system)
International24351 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36527 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National24351 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36527 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.