The Faculty of Law is one of the most prestigious in Canada. With over 130 years of legal expertise, it has made a significant contribution to the evolution of law.
Faithful to its reputation of excellence, the Business Law in a Global Context program at the University of Montreal can count on professors committed to their students, highly involved in research, and whose publications have influenced legal doctrine in Quebec, Canada and internationally. In fact, year after year, the Faculty of Law ranks among the best worldwide for the dynamism and quality of its research.
The Faculty has a strong bijural tradition based on the legal traditions of Quebec. Hence, the curriculum naturally combines civil and common law, providing proficiency in both Western legal traditions.
Business law is one of our strengths. Since 1997, the Centre for the Law of Business and International Trade (CDACI) has been furthering the Faculty’s expertise in the field. As part of its mandate, the CDACI prepares future generations to resolve the challenges facing the business world.
- Western Legal Systems
- Common Law Aspects of Commercial Transactions
- Business Organization and Governance
- Secured Transactions and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual and Industrial Property
- Electronic Commerce Law
- Securities Regulation
- International Economic Relations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for the Master in Business Law in a Global Context, applicants must:
- Possess a law degree or an equivalent degree with high academic standing from an accredited university;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the English language.
- Take part in a personal interview if it is judged necessary (the interview can replace the English language test);
- Meet the other admission requirements specified in the academic regulations of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
International16814 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8407 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National7630 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3815 CAD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2454 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1227 CAD per semester during 12 months.
tuition fees per session
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.