The Statistics program of the National Cheng Kung University will:
- Teach students statistical research methods, data analysis tools as well as consulting techniques for business, medical and industrial applications.
- Provide a curriculum that combines the statistical knowledge in theory, practice and various applications.
- Develop socially responsible statisticians with global perspectives.
Graduate Design of Curriculum
As far as the design of curriculum is concerned, in addition to theoretical and professionalcourses, training in research methods and consulting are also emphasized. Both their theoretical and practical skills enable students to obtain positive recognition after graduation. Three major activities of the Department are as follows:
- To establish an administrative and consulting center for economic statistics by cooperating with other departments in the College of Management and large-scale businesses in Tainan.
- To develop industrial statistics by cooperating with departments of the College of Engineering, industries in southern Taiwan, and firms in the High-Tech Park that has been established in the metropolitan Tainan in the near future.
- To provide medical colleges with necessary statistical assistance for research in hospital management, public health, etc.
- Statistical Methods
- Statistical Consulting
- Topics on Statistical Consulting
- Analysis of Variance
- Theory of Sample Surveys
- Theory and Application of Nonparametric Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 6 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Taiwan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application form
- Bachelor’s degree diploma (or above)
- The official transcripts by years verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- A financial statement verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- Two recommendation letters
- Identity card and(/or) passport, the ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and the Certificate of the R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials ( if applicable)
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
- Application fee
International2198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1099 USD per semester during 12 months.
National2198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1099 USD per semester during 12 months.
NTD 34740 per semester
Living costs for Tainan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.