The programme is taught entirely in English, and is offered partly in Singapore, and partly in Shanghai. It is the first overseas degree programme to be offered by the NUS Faculty of Law. Students who successfully complete the degree requirements will obtain an LLM (International Business Law) degree conferred solely by NUS (i.e. the degree is not a joint degree).
Building on the expanding links between Singapore and the People's Republic of China, this programme signifies another innovative step towards the NUS Law School's vision of becoming a leading global law school. Indeed, the NUS Law School has been at the forefront of curriculum developments to make legal education more international and comparative in orientation. Staffed by an outstanding international faculty with degrees from leading law schools from more than a dozen jurisdictions, NUS academic staff continues to make an impact internationally with their teaching and research. The approval of the Chinese authorities for this programme is a further validation of the high reputation that the NUS Law School enjoys both within and outside Asia. This is particularly true given the fact that China receives a large number of applications for degree programmes involving foreign educational institutions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Common Law of Obligations
- Common Law Reasoning & Writing
- Common Law Legal System of Singapore
- Carriage of Goods by Sea
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
The application period usually starts from 1 October to 1 December for the intake in the following year.
DisciplinesInternational Law View 5 other Masters in International Law in Singapore
All supporting documents submitted are not returnable.
- Identification Document: Copy of Singapore NRIC or Citizenship Certificate for Singapore citizens OR copy of Re-Entry Permit for Singapore PRs
- Official Bachelor's/Master's Degree Transcripts (with English translation, if applicable, as well as in its original language)
- Certified copy of Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Certificate (with English translation, if applicable, as well as in its original language).
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- One recent passport-sized photograph to be affixed in the box provided in the printed Online Application Form
- Two academic referees’ reports are to be submitted online via the Graduate Admission System
- Application Fee
International15326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15326 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National15326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15326 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.