At History from Stony Brook University our graduate students develop expertise and teaching experience in both thematic areas and geographical fields, while pursuing extensive original research. In the process, they learn how to apply important concepts—such as class, gender, race, culture, power, and environment—to the study of the past.
Students at History from Stony Brook University will gain knowledge in:
- Global Connections, Empire, Capitalism;
- Health, Science, Environment;
- Race, Citizenship, Migration.;
- Religion, gender, cultural identity;
- States, nations, political cultures.
- Directed Reading
- Oral Examination
- Theme Seminars
- Supervised Teaching
- Modern Europe
- Early American History
- Modern American History
- Colonial Latin America
- Modern Latin America
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 293 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in History, or equivalent, with minimum grade point average of 3.0 (B) in all undergraduate coursework and History courses.
- Students whose first language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Writing sample (12 pages) that exemplifies the applicant's writing skills and capacity for research, analysis, and creative thought.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
International25732 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12866 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25732 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12866 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6971 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.