The professors and lecturers of the Environmental Sciences programme of University of Koblenz and Landau have a strong expertise in the various areas of Environmental Sciences in which you can specialise during your Master in Environmental Sciences, from the molecular level to landscape and society. Following the broader compulsory modules during the first semester that lay the foundation, you can choose from eight areas of specialisation: Environmental Analysis, Applied Ecology, Socioeconomics & Environmental Management, Aquatic Systems, Soil Systems, Landscapes & Scales, Modelling and Chemicals in the Environment.
Advance your career
We put great emphasis on preparing you for the time after your studies. A compulsory internship in a company, governmental institutions or other research institutions forms part of the Master in Environmental Sciences degree and ensures that students build networks and improve their position in the job market. Our students do internships in some of Germany’s leading companies, several of which are located in the region, but also in smaller businesses and institutes in the region or in other countries.
Additionally, several excursions (e.g., to companies and renewable energy producers) provide insights into potential future areas of work. Students can use these excursions to connect with industry. Several internships, theses as well as job positions have resulted from the institute’s network with industries and institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainability and Global Change
- Tools for Complex Data Analysis
- Fate and Transport of Pollutants
- Land Use and Ecosystems
- Environmental Economics
- Energy and Sustainability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Ecology Environmental Sciences View 29 other Masters in Ecology in Germany
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Sciences (or equivalent program with a focus on natural sciences and applied mathematics) with a minimum final grade of “good” (e.g., 2.5 on a 5.0 scale with 5.0 being the worst grade or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale with 4.0 being the best grade).
- We also require evidence of university-level courses in biology, chemistry and maths/statistics.
- The Program runs in English. Therefore, good active and passive English language skills are essential. Proficiency in German is not required for application. However, we recommend to learn some basic German for daily life. In Germany, many people speak English.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.