The Tufts University Department of Physics and Astronomy offers programs of study leading to M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in physics and astronomy. Physics graduate students may also pursue research in related departments, such as electrical engineering.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introductory to Physics II w/Lab
- General Physics I w/Lab
- General Physics II w/Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysics View 388 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Application Fee - The application fee of $75 is payable through the online application by credit card or e-check (drawn on a US bank).
- Academic Records
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement - You are required to upload a personal statement describing your reasons for wanting to pursue graduate study at Tufts. Please limit your personal statement to a maximum of five pages.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Additional Requirements - Applicants to the graduate program are expected to have a degree at the level of Bachelor or Master in chemical engineering. Requirements include a basic knowledge of physics and calculus, particularly differential equations.
International51288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51288 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National51288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51288 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Financial aid is available in the form of tuition scholarships, teaching and research assistantships, and fellowships. The level of financial support is competitive with that offered by comparable departments in the Boston area. Entering students are most frequently supported by a teaching assistantship, combined with a tuition scholarship. Teaching assistants commonly lead undergraduate laboratory sections and grade homework assignments; more experienced students sometimes conduct recitation sections.
Research assistantships are provided by individual research groups to students who have begun to participate in their research programs. The department also has a small number of fellowships to award to especially outstanding students in their later years of graduate study.
Summer support in the form of research or teaching assistantships is available for a limited number of students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.