The Maternal and Child Health Program offered by Tulane University provides public health education in:
- The biologic, sociocultural, behavioral, and policy issues that impact the health of the MCH population.
- A well-grounded historical context for and current federal, state and local governmental policies and services in the MCH arena.
- Underlying causes of major health problems and disparities facing the MCH population.
- Approaches to properly address these problems and the professional skills required for an MCH career whether nationally or internationally.
Program CompetenciesStudents who graduate from this degree program can expect to develop the following competencies as they successfully meet and complete the program degree requirements.
- Describe the historical development, scientific basis, financing and structural organization of MCH public policies and practices in the United States for federal, state, and local agencies and programs serving MCH populations.
- Determine how different strengths, needs, values and practices of diverse cultural, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups affect health status, health behaviors and program design.
- Evaluate theories and principles of individual and family growth and development from an intergenerational and lifespan perspective.
- Apply appropriate research methods to the evaluation of MCH program and practices.
- Evaluate evidence-based methods that contribute to the translation of research into programming and practice.
- Recognize principles of ethical conduct in program management, research and data collection and storage.
- Foundations in Public Health
- Biostatistics for Public Healt
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Health Systems Policy and Mgmt
- Design Strategies in PH Prgrms
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 2389 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- The written Statement of Purpose and Objectives should demonstrate how the applicant's public health career goals and interests align with their selected degree program.
- Recommendations from three instructors or employers should indicate characteristics for success in public health graduate study.
International44340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 18 months.
National44340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.