An MPH in the Health Communication and Education (HEDC) concentration at Tulane University provides those interested in working within the United States, and in developing countries, the opportunity to develop these learning experiences.
Students who graduate from this degree program can expect to develop the following competencies as they successfully meet and complete the program degree requirements.
- Assess individual and community needs for health education/communication.
- Design a theory-based public health intervention or program.
- Apply health education communication strategies to interventions and programs.
- Develop a plan to evaluate a public health intervention or program, based on a theory of change.
- Identify health education/communication resources.
- Explain how to promote health education through advocacy campaigns and policies.
- Foundations in Public Health
- Biostatistics for Public Healt
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Health Systems Policy and Mgmt
- Design Strategies in PH Prgrms
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health View 1580 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- The written Statement of Purpose and Objectives should demonstrate how the applicant's public health career goals and interests align with their selected degree program.
- Recommendations from three instructors or employers should indicate characteristics for success in public health graduate study.
International44340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 18 months.
National44340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.