The work requires skills in social and behavioral aspects of community health, monitoring and evaluation of community-based programs, community training methodologies, and active engagement within the community to promote health and well-being. The Community Health Sciences program offered by Tulane University is well suited for students in a combined degree (e.g. MD/MPH or MSW/MPH) seeking valuable skills in community-based interventions and public health programming.
Students who graduate from Community Health Sciences program at Tulane University can expect to develop the following competencies as they successfully meet and complete the program degree requirements.
- Analyze the nature of public health issues within the context of a specific community and environment, generate solutions, and apply solutions with communities.
- Design and implement theoretically informed and culturally appropriate interventions by applying public health theory and principles to a diverse set of problems at the community level.
- Develop an effective plan to monitor and evaluate a community-based public health intervention or program based on translation of scientific evidence.
- Collaborate effectively with members of a community through engagement in the process of public health programming.
- Develop an asset-based community assessment that identifies the determinants of health, local assets, and locally-determined priority needs.
- Effectively communicate in both oral and written forms to a variety of audiences and purposes related to community health.
- Apply the CHS Essential Skills concepts to public health topics.
- Foundations in Public Health
- Health Systems Policy and Management
- Design Strategies in Public Health Programs
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tulane University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official transcripts from degree granting institution(s)
- A personal statement that clearly and directly address the following:
1) Why are you applying to Tulane SPHTM, and the specific program/option/concentration you chose?
2) How will earning this degree help you achieve your professional goals?3) What have you learned from successes and/or challenges in your past educational, professional, and/or personal experiences? Please use specific examples, as applicable.
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation
International33255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.