The Epidemiology program offered by Tulane University appeals to professionals currently employed in the health field and as well as those without previous training or experience in public health.
The MPH in epidemiology is highly analytical and methods-based. Students learn to apply conceptual methodology to the study of public health problems and health disparities as a means of understanding how to prevent or address them. As an MPH student in epidemiology, the knowledge base and research skills are applied within a chosen content area of current importance in the field, such as chronic or infectious disease; environmental, reproductive, molecular/cancer, or genetic epidemiology. Through coursework and other learning experiences, students gain a thorough knowledge of the sources of health data, how to collect data from original sources, how to process, analyze and effectively report findings from epidemiologic studies.
Graduates can design and carry out studies in which epidemiologic information is needed for making sound health policy decisions or for the management of research projects in both public and private agencies and institutions.
- Identify characteristics of major study designs used in epidemiologic research, including assessment of the threats to validity for each design.
- Evaluate readings from the epidemiologic literature for methodologic strengths and weaknesses, including appropriateness of the study design relative to the research question, and potential threats to the validity of study findings.
- Analyze and interpret public health and epidemiologic data, using appropriate statistical software and statistical techniques.
- Write a study protocol for a specific research question, incorporating scientific rationale, study design, and details of research methods.
- Foundations in Public Health
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Health Systems Policy and Management
- Design Strategies in Public Health Programs
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Epidemiology View 1555 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tulane University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official transcripts sent directly to SOPHAS from all institutions attended
- A personal statement that clearly and directly address the following:
- Why are you applying to Tulane SPHTM, and the specific program/option/concentration you chose?
- How will earning this degree help you achieve your professional goals?
- What have you learned from successes and/or challenges in your past educational, professional, and/or personal experiences? Please use specific examples, as applicable.
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation
International46110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 18 months.
National46110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.