The Epidemiology program offered by Tulane University appeals to professionals currently employed in the health field and as well as those without previous training or experience in public health.
The MPH in epidemiology is highly analytical and methods-based. Students learn to apply conceptual methodology to the study of public health problems and health disparities as a means of understanding how to prevent or address them. As an MPH student in epidemiology, the knowledge base and research skills are applied within a chosen content area of current importance in the field, such as chronic or infectious disease; environmental, reproductive, molecular/cancer, or genetic epidemiology. Through coursework and other learning experiences, students gain a thorough knowledge of the sources of health data, how to collect data from original sources, how to process, analyze and effectively report findings from epidemiologic studies.
Graduates can design and carry out studies in which epidemiologic information is needed for making sound health policy decisions or for the management of research projects in both public and private agencies and institutions.
- Identify characteristics of major study designs used in epidemiologic research, including assessment of the threats to validity for each design.
- Evaluate readings from the epidemiologic literature for methodologic strengths and weaknesses, including appropriateness of the study design relative to the research question, and potential threats to the validity of study findings.
- Analyze and interpret public health and epidemiologic data, using appropriate statistical software and statistical techniques.
- Write a study protocol for a specific research question, incorporating scientific rationale, study design, and details of research methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Public Health
- Biostatistics for Public Healt
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Health Systems Policy and Mgmt
- Design Strategies in PH Prgrms
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 536 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- The written Statement of Purpose and Objectives should demonstrate how the applicant's public health career goals and interests align with their selected degree program.
- Recommendations from three instructors or employers should indicate characteristics for success in public health graduate study.
International41100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1370 USD per credit during 18 months.
National41100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1370 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.