Through courses in epidemiology and related subjects, students become familiar with the general areas of public health to which statistical methodologies may be applied. Coursework includes mathematical statistics and probability theory, applied and theoretical multivariate methods, stochastic processes, basic epidemiology, and demography, enabling the student to assist in the application of statistical theory to applied statistical problems. Graduates from the MS in Biostatistics program offered by Tulane University typically pursue careers in academic research or as statisticians on projects.
- Define and use the principles of probability and mathematical statistics to guide the selection and application of data analysis methods.
- Apply descriptive and inferential methodology based on study design in solving research questions.
- Design experimental and observational studies for research projects, addressing specific questions in statistics or in an applied field.
- Interpret and effectively communicate research results orally and in writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Public Health
- Intermediate Biostat
- Statistical Inference I
- Statistical Inference II
- Regression Analysis
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The typical graduate student takes nine to 15 credits per semester.
DisciplinesBiology Statistics Bioinformatics View 1015 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- The written Statement of Purpose and Objectives should demonstrate how the applicant's public health career goals and interests align with their selected degree program.
- Recommendations from three instructors or employers should indicate characteristics for success in public health graduate study.
International38360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1370 USD per credit during 18 months.
National38360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1370 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.