You will work together, and with colleagues located on campus in Edinburgh, to realise imaginative design outcomes and acquire wide skills in digital visual and audio techniques.
You will investigate practice contexts for application across the arts, entertainment, performance and industry. You will also probe the social, cultural and commercial implications of such developments.
The Digital Media Design (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh addresses the needs of practitioners, managers, decision-makers and educators who want to be informed by first-hand knowledge of the technical possibilities of digital technology and an awareness of social, cultural and business contexts.
The prospects for employment are diverse. Recent graduates from the closely allied on-campus programme in Design & Digital Media are now working in multimedia and web design for architectural and urban design practices, advertising, computer system design and management, and tertiary level teaching. The programme is also ideal if you are considering continuing on to advanced research at a doctoral level.
- Projects bring out original thinking and independent achievement within a framework of independent study, virtual team-working and creative ability.
- You will also engage closely online with colleagues following our highly successful programmes in Design & Digital Media and Sound Design.
- 12 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
- No Attendance
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 7 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Edinburgh and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent. The subject discipline is not as important as aptitude and commitment to study in this area.
- You must submit a portfolio as part of your application. Please provide examples of your creative design and/or technology work to demonstrate your aptitude and commitment to working in this area, especially if your previous study is not primarily design and/or technology focused.
- We may also consider your application if you have equivalent professional experience (especially continuing professional development); please contact us to check before you apply.
International14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part-time Intermittent Study:
- International/EU - 20 credits £1,600; 60 credits £4,800
- Edinburgh College of Art scholarships
- Online Learning Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.