The Space Studies programme at the University of Cape Town is aimed at anyone who wishes to enter the space sector, or to deepen his or her knowledge of this sector. No prior knowledge of space technology is required or assumed. Potential participants include new graduates and young professionals seeking to enter the space sector and established professionals in military, government or private sector positions who encounter space science and technology issues in their day-to-day work and are seeking to acquire a broad knowledge of the space sector.
This is a research-based degree with a coursework component that provides a broad foundational knowledge of the space arena and space applications. Research topics will be chosen in alignment with identified research needs in the national and continental space programmes. There is the possibility to upgrade the masters thesis to a doctoral (PhD) thesis.
- Space Mission Analysis and Design
- Space Applications for Sustainable Development
- Space and Society
- Special Topics in Space Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences
- You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
- You must submit certified copies of your degree certificate/s, transcripts and a detailed CV
International11800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5900 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.