Applicants to the Department must be accepted by a major professor with whom they wish to work and who has agreed to supervise the student's graduate training and thesis dissertation research.
We offer a master degree in Ecology, Evolution & Marine Biology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Therefore, it is strongly encouraged that prospective students contact individual faculty members in the Program whose research interests coincide with their own and to list potential advisors on their application. Other minimum expectations are outlined in more detail on our website.
Computational Science and Engineering
- Our graduate programs welcome diverse students from top colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. We support students' diverse research interests and offer concrete strategies and approaches for navigating academia at all stages of graduate life.
- In creating a campus alive with an invigorating mix of talents, experiences, and perspectives, UCSB sets a primary goal of seeking a student population reflective of the California and national population at large, as well as countries from across the globe.
- Our top priority is to assemble a student body inclusive of those ethnic and racial minorities historically underrepresented in academia and of all socioeconomic levels, physical abilities, educational backgrounds, ages, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, and other attributes.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Ecology View 203 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Online application
- Statement of Purpose, Personal Achievements/Contributions, and Resume or CV (submitted in the online application)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Submitted online)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (Submitted online)
- TOEFL scores 550 Paper-Based Test (PBT), 80 Internet-Based Test (IBT) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Overall Band score of 7 or higher (if applicable)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a biological science
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or equivalent
- Final/Official transcripts
International12570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12570 USD per year during 12 months.
National12570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12570 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Barbara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.