You can explore sacred texts and traditions and the roles these play in different cultural, global and historical contexts.
The programme recognises the emerging cross-disciplinary features within the study of theology and religion, and gives you the opportunity to focus on an area that interests you.
Postgraduate study in Theology can help to prepare you for a career in religious education and teaching, social work and youth work, chaplaincy and church ministry, counselling and pastoral care, and community work. You will also develop transferable skills that you can use in a range of other careers in various sectors.
Jobs related to this programme
- Community youth worker
- Religious studies teacher
- Social worker
- Youth pastor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research:
- Feminist and postfeminist engagements with religion
- Religion and LGBTI+ identities
- Queer theory and religion
- Religion in popular culture, including art, film, advertising, music and literature
- Evolutionary dynamics of religions
- Quantitative ritual studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 15 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have completed a postgraduate qualification, following an undergraduate degree, with a focus on the study of religion.
- Your study must have been at a recognised university (or similar institution) and you will need a GPE of 5.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24042 USD per year during 12 months.
National5184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5184 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$7,782
- International: NZ$36,086
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.