We offer a master degree in Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The UAF Geophysical Institute, the International Arctic Research Center and other university research institutes support active research programs in high-latitude atmospheric science that include faculty from biology, chemistry, physics, engineering and other departments.
- Current research by atmospheric sciences focuses on: atmospheric chemistry and biogeochemistry, climate modeling, cloud and aerosol physics, mesoscale modeling, numerical weather prediction and aviation weather, and upper atmosphere (stratosphere and mesosphere).
- In addition, scientists affiliated with the research institutes conduct research on ocean-atmosphere interactions, dynamic meteorology, micrometeorology and microclimatology, polar meteorology, radiative transfer, cryosphere-atmosphere interactions and remote sensing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate students are an integral component of this research, both in the experiments in the laboratory and the field as well as in high-performance computing.
- Research institutes provide excellent environments for research in atmospheric science as well as interdisciplinary research with scientists in other research areas.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 63 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.