The UAF Geophysical Institute, the International Arctic Research Center and other university research institutes support active research programs in high-latitude atmospheric science that include faculty from the biology, chemistry, physics and other departments.
Current research by atmospheric sciences focuses on: atmospheric chemistry/biogeochemistry, climate modeling, cloud and aerosol physics, mesoscale modeling, numerical weather prediction and aviation weather. In addition, scientists affiliated with the research institutes conduct research on ocean-atmosphere interactions, dynamic meteorology, microclimatology, polar meteorology, radiative transfer, cryosphere-atmosphere interactions and remote sensing.
Graduate students are an integral component of this research, both in the laboratory and the field. Research institutes provide excellent environments for research in atmospheric science as well as interdisciplinary research with scientists in other research areas.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Introduction to Atmospheric Science
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Atmospheric Radiation
- Cloud Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 42 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- Your Graduate Application for Admission.
- Transcripts: The Office of Admissions requires official transcripts of all college-level course work.
- Transcripts for International Applicants: International applicants must submit certified English translations of transcripts of all college-level course work.
- Test Results: Results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required from applicants to most graduate programs.
- Statement of Academic Goals: Write a statement indicating why you want to study in a particular program.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Interdisciplinary Applicants: Submit a Graduate Study Plan and a short research proposal.
International20332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10166 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National10234 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5117 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- University of Alaska Scholars Program
- Alaska Performance Scholarship
- Human Achievement Award
- UAF Privately Funded Scholarships
- University of Alaska Foundation Scholarships
- Army ROTC Scholarships
- Bureau of Indian Affairs and Native Corporation Scholarships
- University of Alaska Grant
- Pell Grant
- Student Support Services Grants
- AlaskAdvantage Grant
- Western Undergraduate Exchange Award
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.