The graduate program emphasizes the fundamental principles of medical image formation and explores how imaging is used in a wide range of clinical applications.
- The Master of Science in Biomedical Imaging (MSBI) program at University of California, San Francisco can be completed in one year of full-time study.
- The MSBI program is a course of study intended for students with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering who wish to master biomedical imaging.
- Principles of MR Imaging
- Physical Principles of CT, PET & SPECT Imaging
- Imaging Probes for Nuclear and Optical Imaging
- Principles of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Image Processing and Analysis
- Imaging Study Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applicants will be considered on a first come first basis at this time until the class is full.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 242 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- Students who have graduated with an undergraduate degree in the basic sciences or engineering will be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Biomedical Imaging (MSBI).
- Transcripts from the bachelor's degree are required while GRE or MCAT scores are recommended, but not required.
- If education in mathematics and computer science are not clear on the transcripts, it is strongly recommended to include a statement describing prior education/experience in these areas.
- Foreign applicants will be eligible under the same conditions, but must meet further criteria listed by the UCSF Graduate Division to demonstrate English proficiency.
International44034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44034 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National44034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44034 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.