It is expected that students opting for the teaching of Latin during the Classics program of the University of Colorado at Boulder either have achieved accreditation at the secondary level or are planning to do so through the School of Education. The MA degree alone does not satisfy the state requirements for certification.
- Greek or Latin
- Classical Antiquity
- Classical Art and Archaeology
- Teaching of Latin
- Athens and Greek Democracy
- Alexander the Great and the Rise of Macedonia
- Classical Greek Political Thought
- Twilight of Antiquity
- The Roman Republic
- Ancient Greek Sculpture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Ancient History General Studies & Classics View 221 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, or have done work equivalent to that required for such a degree.
- Show promise of ability to pursue advanced study and research, as judged by the student’s scholastic record.
- Have adequate preparation to enter graduate study in the chosen field. Have at least a 2.75 (2.00=C) undergraduate grade point average.
- Personal Statement
- For review and decision purposes you are required to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) in the application
- GRE Test Scores
- Official Test Scores on TOEFL or IELTS
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- Nonrefundable $80 Application Fee
International33174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16587 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16587 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6264 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Boulder
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.