Digital Arts and New Media from University of California, Santa Cruz emphasizes artistic and technological innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and social action. Faculty closely mentor emerging artists to become deep thinkers, artistic innovators, and responsible leaders.
Our alumni teach at universities and art schools, pursue doctoral research, work for major technology, media, and entertainment firms, lead service organizations, and have launched successful careers as exhibiting artists, entrepreneurs, and community organizers. Our growing alumni network offers past and present students valuable professional opportunities and support.
Recent Methods and Approaches to Digital Arts and Culture
- Professional Development for the Arts
- Dialogues and Questions in Digital Arts and Culture
- Embodiment in New Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Video Games & Animation Media Studies & Mass Media View 865 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Official transcripts
- Supplemental Materials
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required, up to 5 may be submitted.
- An online portfolio: Submit your most exciting and relevant work. Student projects are of interest only if they illustrate points made in your Statement of Purpose.
- A Statement of Purpose is required: 500-1000 words maximum, well-written essay about your background and your reasons for pursuing graduate study in the field of Digital Arts and New Media. Should indicate: how knowledgeable you are in relation to Digital Arts and New Media; how your undergraduate studies and other recent experiences (work, community involvement, and so forth) serve as a foundation for graduate study in the field; how and why you intend to build on this foundation of knowledge and apply your graduate training to social and/or theoretical problems.
- A Personal History Statement
International15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
National15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14178 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.