The Urban Affairs and Public Policy program can be pursued full or part time. Students may choose one of the initial pre-defined areas of focus: urban and regional planning, housing and community development, health services policy, nonprofits and philanthropy, historic preservation, media and public policy, or, with the assistance of a faculty advisor, design a special area of focus.
The core integration of academics, public service, and research makes our program a leader in the field as well as a model for the combination of theory and practice. Students take courses and simultaneously engage in service and research for public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
The Urban Affairs and Public Policy program at the University of Delaware is an interdisciplinary, research-oriented degree that focuses on analysis of the critical policy challenges of our times.
Our program prepares scholars to create useable knowledge to inform decision making, and to positively impact the quality of life in communities at all scales, from cities to nations.
Our doctoral students work alongside our faculty to create new knowledge that expands the possibilities for community enhancement and policy improvement across our nation and our world.
- Contemporary Issues in Urban Affairs and Public Policy
- Urban Society & Public Policy
- Research Methods for Urban & Public Policy
- Quantitative Analysis in Public & NP Sectors
- Planning Theory & Urban Policy or Plan Sustainable Communities & Regions
- Public Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Urban Planning View 287 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Delaware and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A nonrefundable application fee submitted with the application.
- Applicants must list and upload unofficial transcripts of all post-high school academic work from all institutions attended.
- Applicants must submit a Personal Statement or answer specific questions or essays as part of the application; a Resume
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) admission test scores
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.