Improved global life expectancy has resulted in a cancer epidemic. It is well recognised that accurate early diagnosis is an essential aspect of the administration of increasingly expensive and tailored cancer treatment care plans.
You will become familiar with the genetic and cellular changes occurring in both solid and blood-borne cancers, the current and emerging technological approaches for diagnosis of the disease and the effect on pertinent cellular changes on patient prognosis. Studies on populations and the influence of genotypic variation will ensure that you are qualified to make sense of cancer statistics.
During the MSc Biomedical Sciences (Cancer Biology) programme offered at the University of Westminster, you will join our thriving research environment and will have access to excellent laboratory facilities within the Faculty. On successful completion of the course you will be equipped to take forward your career with an in-depth knowledge of this increasingly common disease area.
- The Cancer Biology MSc equips students for careers in the research sector, for example in academia or in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Depending on the options that are taken by the student, in addition to their in-depth knowledge of molecular and cellular changes that occur in cancer, the student may also gain a detailed knowledge of the –OMICs topics alongside immunodiagnostics and immunotherapeutics. These areas of study open up the choices that students may select in terms of careers.
The course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Cancer Biology
- Cell Signalling and Genetics
- Molecular Science and Diagnostics
- Postgraduate Project
- Postgraduate Research Methods
- Communicating Science
- Extended Postgraduate Project
- Immunopathology (Haematology-Cancer)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Public Health View 990 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in biomedical sciences or a closely related discipline.
- Professional qualification of equivalent status and associated work experience or an equivalent qualification deemed suitable by the course team.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK tuition fee: £8,500 (Price per academic year)
- International tuition fee: £14,000 (Price per academic year)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.