Alternatively, you can combine basic science with study of the communication or commercialisation of science. The University of Westminster also offers the opportunity to consider the increasing role of automation in diagnostic laboratories. Those studying Biomedical Sciences part time are free to develop their module choices as they progress.
Whatever the combination, through this Biomedical Sciences degree offered by the University of Westminster you will be able to expand your understanding of human diseases, their investigation and therapy, and develop your competence in the design and execution of a laboratory-based project.
- You will develop a range of transferable skills that will enhance your employment prospects and your research opportunities in the UK or overseas.
- This course has a diverse intake of both full- and part-time home/EU students, ranging from recent graduates to those working in diagnostic laboratories who wish to gain additional qualification.
- International students often have experience in biomedical science laboratories and following completion of their studies return to their home countries to pursue promotion or research opportunities.
The course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS). However, students interested in gaining professional registration should consider our Applied Biomedical Science MSc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Postgraduate Project
- Postgraduate Research Methods
- Advanced Cancer Biology
- Advances in Cellular Pathology
- Automation in Biomedical Sciences
- Cell Signalling and Genetics
- Cellular Haematology
- Clinical Aspects of Microbial Physiology and Chemotherapy
- Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Communicating Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 162 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in biomedical sciences or a closely related discipline.
- Professional qualification of equivalent status and associated work experience or an equivalent qualification deemed suitable by the course team.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK PT tuition fee: £950 (Price per 20-credit module)
- International PT tuition fee: £1,600 (Price per 20-credit module)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.