About Strategic Communication at The University of Iowa
The Master of Arts program in Strategic Communication, offered by The University of Iowa, requires a minimum of 31 s.h. of graduate credit. Courses for the program are offered online.The curriculum consists of core courses, electives, and a capstone project in place of a thesis. In most courses, students are encouraged to introduce case studies and projects from their workplace.
The M.A. with a major in strategic communication requires the following course work.
- The strategic communication program is designed for professionals in a wide variety of areas, such as corporate and organizational communication, public relations, integrated marketing communication, advertising, political and public affairs communication, health communication, event management, risk communication, and professional writing.
- The program focuses on the skills, knowledge, and experience that working professionals need, including the ability to anticipate and meet the challenges of radical change in the media landscape.
- Strategic Communications Research
- Digital Strategic Communication
- Foundations of Strategic Communication
- Strategic Communication Writing
- Capstone Project in Strategic Communication
- Topics in Strategic Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Public Relations View 155 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- A statement of purpose that explains how the degree advances your career goals
- An up-to-date CV or résumé
- submit two writing samples
- Three letters of recommendation
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
International29739 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29739 USD per year during 12 months.
National31012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31012 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12065 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12065 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.