The Master of Arts program in Strategic Communication, offered by The University of Iowa, requires a minimum of 31 s.h. of graduate credit. Courses for the program are offered online.The curriculum consists of core courses, electives, and a capstone project in place of a thesis. In most courses, students are encouraged to introduce case studies and projects from their workplace.
The M.A. with a major in strategic communication requires the following course work.
- The strategic communication program is designed for professionals in a wide variety of areas, such as corporate and organizational communication, public relations, integrated marketing communication, advertising, political and public affairs communication, health communication, event management, risk communication, and professional writing.
- The program focuses on the skills, knowledge, and experience that working professionals need, including the ability to anticipate and meet the challenges of radical change in the media landscape.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Communications Research
- Digital Strategic Communication
- Foundations of Strategic Communication
- Strategic Communication Writing
- Capstone Project in Strategic Communication
- Topics in Strategic Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 453 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A statement of purpose that explains how the degree advances your career goals
- An up-to-date CV or résumé
- Recommendations: As explained below, your application will include three letters of recommendations. These letters should come from individuals who can speak to your skills and capacities as a professional communicator, and to your potential for advancement in this field.
- Students are asked to submit two writing samples. Respond to two of the three following prompts. Each response should be a maximum of 200 words.
International30613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30613 USD per year during 12 months.
National30613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30613 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11666 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.