The food sector faces new challenges towards greater sustainability, including food quality and safety, public health, working conditions, environmental impacts.
The globalization of the markets also impact the future jobs in this sector and leads to a greater internationalization of the food companies and organizations.
The future managers of the food sector will have to deal with these challenges, contributing to the development and implementation of sustainable food processes and related activities, and to the development of environmentally and socially responsible organizations. They must also have the abilities to integrate in international and multicultural environments.
The European Sustainable Food Systems program offered by the ISARA (France Agro³) is tailored for students who:
- are interested in sustainable food production and how to manage and implement food processing and other food production related activities in a sustainable way
- are looking for an international degree where the international perspective is an integrated part of the learning environment and the curriculum
- are aiming at flexible career options within management positions in the food sector.
The European MSc Sustainable Food Systems is a double degree programme:
between ISARA-Lyon (France) and Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Italy)
- in close collaboration with a network of food companies and organizations of the participating countries in order to guarantee the coherence of students' skills and attitudes with employers' expectations, to secure the employability of the future graduates
- with the support of the European Union and the Rhône-Alpes Provincial authorities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Entrepreneurship in food industries
- Intercultural communication
- Food legislation
- Introduction to supply chain
- Focus on raw material and nutrition
- Focus on food economics
- Focus on sustainable supply chain
- Focus on food technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSustainable Development Food Sciences View 26 other Masters in Sustainable Development in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in food technology, food science and nutrition, agriculture, food economics and agricultural economics or food and agricultural engineering.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lyon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.